298: Sunday 10th June 2018

Last weekend I added a parking sensor kit in order to help with not crashing into things. I have only done the front sensors so far, but this really helps. I have also added a front camera, this is using the same monitor display in my rear view mirror. Now I can see if I am going to hit a kerb. I believe I'm ready to repair the cracks and damage on my front bumper. Yesterday I made an edge for my 2DIN Android Head unit (stereo). It has been bugging me for a long time that after I had put black felt around the radio edge before using double sided tape onto the trim, I could still see little bits of trim inside and some of the edges weren't great. I just used hardboard covered with black felt. I made a simple rectangle and fitted it in the space, then marked where it need to be bigger to meet the edges of the dash trim. I then made another using the new measurements. I cut the board with a Stanley knife (box cutter). As the edges were quite small, I needed to be careful when tweaking the cuts, so I clamped it in the vice and filed the odd millimetre up to the vice jaws. This stopped any risk of breaking it, especially at the corners. The edges were blacked using a sharpie.
----
I then put some paper on the bench, put the edge on top then sprayed with carpet glue. I took it off the paper straight away then applied the black felt. Gave the bench a wipe then placed the edge face down and carefully cut off the excess felt. I went back round the edges touching up the black where there was glue marks.
----
Fitted it all back in the dash and now I have a perfect fitting edge to my stereo and nothing showing. Really pleased with the finished product...

5 comments:




  1. Are you working at ford motoe company at keno about MyFordBenefits portal? ford Employee Benefits Via food online login Www.MyFordBenefits.com. On this site you can review your benefits, access information regarding your plans and check your retirement benefit projections
    How To Access Ford benefits Online Myfordbenefits Login Account
    myfordbenefits
    new myfordbenefits

    Myfordbenefits is an official online portal where ford staff members/employees
    can explore and manage their office works, information and benefits programs.
    To get full benefits from the ford, you need to login in MyFordbenefits.
    If you do not have an account on the portal, you have to sign up and create an My Ford Benefits account officially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. MyFordBenefits is one of the most popular web sites that are accessed by way of Ford employees on a everyday basis. If you are a Ford employee and recently acquired to understand about the MyFordBenefits website, then today we convey you a unique article on MyFordBenefits such as a information on how to do MyFordBenefits login.
    myfordbenefits login
    myfordbenefits us employees
    myfordbenefits login retirees
    myfordbenefits

    ReplyDelete
  5. MyFordBenefits is one of the most popular web sites that are accessed by way of Ford employees on a everyday basis. If you are a Ford employee and recently acquired to understand about the MyFordBenefits website, then today we convey you a unique article on MyFordBenefits such as a information on how to do MyFordBenefits login.
    myfordbenefits login
    myfordbenefits login retirees

    ReplyDelete