253: Sunday 9th June 2013

I still have the roof to paint, but I also had a flue pipe to fit on our house this weekend. That took some time and today the weather is not so good, so I decided not to attempt any painting. I did fit the new front license plate. I like the way it looks, fits nicely to the bumper and doesn't hide any of the styling features. Friday my brother came round to check out the body kit fit and finish so we can work out the preparation for the final paint job. I should be able to get a big workshop for a weekend so we can get it nice and heat soaked, smoothed over and primed then flatted and painted. I can start organising the battery monitoring system now and get it fitted and working. It is good timing as I Have at least one, and I suspect more, batteries that are faulty including the auxiliary battery for the 12v system. Then I can put the interior back together and sort out some fresh batteries. Then get a new MOT test and I'll be back on the road. I need to get running again so I can get my car to the workshop for painting. Anyway I am pleased with the new GB number plate.

252: Sunday 3rd June 2013

Yesterday I went to Liverpool with my friend and neighbour so he could get a 4x4 Ford Cougar he was buying. 242 miles and 4 hours later we arrived, paid the guy and then drove back. Before I went I put a coat of red on the front bumper ready to go on. I added a piece of red tube that I had from some old air horns to fill the hood gap at the front. It doesn't close up the gap, but it does stop the line of sight through to inside, so you cannot see all screws etc.
With a bit of persuasion and a round file I got the front bumper on and lined up with the hood and lights.  I then painted the hood and left side (I had already painted all of the right side). Then I fitted the front side light and indicator units.
I fitted the wheel arch liners and front wheels, then took it off the stands and finally tightened the wheel nuts. The fit and alignment looked good.
The photo below shows the side indicator repeater that I inherited from my friends old Cougar. I took the rubber from the old Probe repeater and with a small cut it fitted the new repeater. Nice touch!