128:Saturday 6th March 2010

Today the weather was good, so after my daughter's football training I cracked on with the paintwork. After yesterday I had done my back in using the polishing machine (heavy) while doing the first T-Cut. Today my wife helped me and we got through the work in double quick time.
----
The first job was to polish with red colourfast T-Cut. My wife was applying the T-Cut and rubbing it in while I was rubbing it off and buffing it.
----
The next job was to apply Autoglym super resin polish. We carried on with the same jobs. I got the best job as I could see the gleam as I was polishing and buffing. The Autoglym really took the shine to another level. In the photo below you can see the "PROBATRON" letters reflecting in the bumper.
----
The next job was to apply the "PROBATRON" letters. This was a crowning moment as I got these from my daughter as a birthday present in December last year. I put them out on a sheet of white paper then measured the whole word. I then worked out how to centre it with respect to the rear centre reflector. I applied a length of electrical tape at the same level as the bottom of the "PROBE 24V" badges and then peeled the back of each letter and carefully stuck them on. Finally I removed the electrical tape.
----
As darkness fell I took another photo then called it a day. I measured the pipes for the Toyota pump and the Probe and both were 10mm. I will go to my local DIY shop tomorrow and pick up a 10mm straight compression coupler so I can cut and join the pipes to give me the correct end for the Toyota pump. That should fix the leak on the power steering pump fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment