07: Sunday 10th May 2009

Started quite late doing odd jobs today. Removed clutch and flywheel, engine mount and took out the vehicle speed sensor. Located the connector under the bonnet, but broke the retaining bolt, so I had to dril and tap a new bolt thread taking care not to get any metal shavings in the gearbox. Needed a taperlock hub to continue mounting the flywheel and clutch. I decided not to use regen to start with so I can change gears. I was warned not to change gear with regen as the sudden change in speed can pop the MOSFETs in the controller. I want to work out the best ways of driving before deciding about switching regen on. I am still waiting for an explanation from the controller manufacturer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi James, just came across your Blog and started reading from the beginning, looking forward to catching up with this project. I guess I've got a lot of reading to do huh (nearly a decades worth of Blogs) LOL

    Hopefully at some point, you start to add some pictures in too :-)

    ReplyDelete