40: Tuesday 11th August 2009

Made a mount for the vacuum pump. I tested the pump first and it worked and switched off via the vacuum switch. I mounted the pump on aluminium 'L' sections that I made special. I also made a small tie bracket to the brake block, so 3 of the 4 mounts are used. The 4th was too close to the gearbox mount. It was a lot more noisy than I expected and the switch stopped working, so 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I will get some 6mm anti vibration mounts and ask my supplier in China to send me another switch. I pulled the last pipe off while the pump was stopped and there was a whoosh as the air rushed in, so it is working o.k., but noisy and won't cut out when the vacuum is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment