75: Friday 4th December 2009

With the paint now dry on the rear motor mount, I cut the bolts down. The motor spec shows the holes to be 20mm deep plus 5mm to get through the mount makes 25mm. To be on the safe side I cut them at 24mm. As they were capped hex heads and there was limited access for the Allen key, I had to cut the Allen key down slightly to get in the heads. It was some kind of hardened steel and took a long time to cut through. Now the rear of the motor is mounted. I need to take this off again to make the rest of the mount to support the intermediate shaft bearing round the side of the motor. I picked my angle iron and steel flats today too. Just waiting for my welder to arrive. I will be picking up a metal chop saw that I am borrowing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment